updated March 27, 2022
We are currently experiencing a staff shortage due to numerous staff members isolating in accordance with Covid protocols. Due to these circumstances, we will be closing the Taproom and Retail Store on Monday March 28th and Tuesday March 29th. We will be resuming regular hours on Wednesday March 30th.
Home deliveries will still continue without interruption this week.
I apologize for any inconvenience, and if you have any questions with any of this, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All of the staff at Kichesippi Beer Co. promise that we will continue to make every effort to maintain a safe and fun taproom, beer garden and retail beer experience for all visitors. We are continuing to follow posted health policies and have lifted the requirement to show proof of vaccine for indoor dining.
ALL people on the property, accessing ANY service are required to show proof of screening by either:
1. Show the completed assessment protocol found at covid-19.ontario.ca or
2. Informing staff they have fully read and passed the posted screening questions in the lobby.
Our priority in defence against the spread of COVID-19 is recognizing symptoms, testing and preventing close contact. If you have any reason to believe you could be at risk of being an a-symptomatic carrier, have any symptoms or are recovering for a positive test or other illness, PLEASE:
1. utilize one of our non-contact purchasing methods (home delivery, curb-side pick up, Uber or Skip the Dishes same day delivery),
2. change your planned visit until you can confirm via testing your negative status
Our staff, Ottawans and Ontarians are relying on everyone's continued diligence in recognizing and taking steps to eliminate their effects of COVID-19 transmission in the community and health system.
Feel free to email email@example.com if you have any questions or feedback on our implementation of COVID health restrictictions
BOTTLES & CANS RETAIL STORE | TAPROOM | WINTER BEER GARDEN
We are open, click here for hours of operation.
- masks are required anywhere indoors including the store, except when seated at your assigned table. Please insure your mask covers your nose, mouth and chin prior to entering the building or getting up from your table.
- please maintain distancing from people in other groups by following directional floor signage - 4 groups in the store at a time, please limit the number of shoppers in your group to ensure distancing from other people.
- sanitizer stations are located at each cash handling/ordering area, entrance and washrooms. Please wash or sanitize your hands when entering and before shopping.
- our Winter Beer Garden will be open on select days based on weather, staffing and events. Heaters and the fire pit are managed by taproom staff, please check our social media for updates on Winter Beer Garden festivities!
We take a limited number of reservations each day.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 613.728.7845 x 103 for reservations.
- Reservations are booked in 2h windows - for pre-ordered food, drink tokens or other event inquiries please email email@example.com with sufficient notice.
- Group bookings are subject to licensed capacity limits.
- We are open for business and hope you'll pop in for a drink or beer to go after a ski or hike on the trans Canada trail, or when in Bells Corners!
- Taproom seating and solid barriers remain in place to maintain social distancing between groups;
- Retail store capacity limits to a max of 4 groups or 8ppl in the store at a time. Please follow directional signage.
- Masks are required when ordering from a food truck window. Indoors, masks are required at all times when not seated at your table. Please have your mask securely covering your nose, mouth and chin prior to entering the retail store, beer garden or before standing up from your table.
- Please be patient, extra care and time must be taken to check guests in, sanitize and re-set high touch areas including tables, menus, doors and washrooms.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR KICHESIPPI STAFF
- Vaccine passport requirements are currently met by all staff (All staff have received a minimum of 2 COVID vaccine doses and will be boosted as they qualify). Prior to the every shift staff member must pass screening questions,
- Partners, suppliers and other people on site must meet the same standards as staff for screening and vaccine status.
- Face masks must be worn by everyone, in all areas of the brewery except when working alone in a closed office/area,
- Based on availability, full time staff will conduct COVID rapid tests prior to returning to work after visiting family, or randomly once per month. Symptomatic staff do not pass the daily screening and are not permitted to work until a minimum 8 day isolation period.
- Increased sanitization practices must include your person (hand washing, & sanitizing) all tables in-between seating, high touch areas, service items after each use.
- A little more time in required to start bills and reseat tables and check guests in.
HOW WE ARE INCORPORATING THESE GUIDELINES
- All guests are asked to check in with staff prior to accessing any dine-in service (indoor or outdoor seating); place markers are noted in the retail store to maintain distancing between groups.
- Anyone waiting for food must wait outside of the licensed area until notified that their order is ready,
- All seating is assigned for your visit; in order to maintain strict sanitization practices please do not move tables without being advised by staff it is safe to do so,
- Furniture and traffic flow is set up to maximize capacity and social distancing; staff will get you set up in an area appropriate to the number of guests in your party.
- Hand sanitizer stations are set up at the host stand, outside of the washrooms and at the front door. Please wash your hands after using the washroom, smoking, sneezing or blowing your nose.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AS WE WORK TO MAINTAIN A SAFE AND ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE.
Other health related measures:
- Please take advantage of our home delivery option if you are: immuno-compromised, awaiting or have been in contact with someone awaiting a COVID test result, visited an establishment that has closed due to potential exposure, have received an alert on your contact tracing app, have cold/flu and/or COVID-19 symptoms or are unable to meet the above house policies.
- Please continue to follow health Canada guidelines and cover coughs & sneezes in the crook of your arm and wash your hands frequently!
- We care about garbage! Please properly sort your recycling and compost at the bins on the patio. Help keep the green spaces green in Bells Corners by taking all garbage with you after enjoying them.
- Brewery tours can be booked through Brew Donkey for less than 10 people. More than 10 people can book tour(s) in conjunction with a group booking; email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For both space & safety reasons bikes or scooters are not permitted in the building or seating area of the patio; bike racks are provided.
- Retail beer is not permitted to be opened on the property or trail system, please keep open alcohol within licensed areas, and take out beer home with you.
- Our parking lot frequently fills up; additional parking is available at 2235 Robertson Road (The Leasing Company), 2194 Robertson Road (Plaza) or street parking in the neighborhood on the south side of Robertson Road. Our lot is secured approx. 1h after closing time; other parking areas may have access restrictions.