updated January 3, 2022
In accordance with todays announcement from the Province of Ontario, we remain open for in person retail store shopping, curbside pick up and home delivery. Our Taproom is currently closed for in person dining.
All of the staff at Kichesippi Beer Co. promise that we will continue to make every effort to maintain a safe and fun taproom, beer garden and retail beer experience for all visitors. ALL people on the property, accessing ANY service are required to self-screen. Screening questions are located at the entrance to the building and beer garden - if you are feeling ill (even not COVID related) we ask that you please utilize one of our non-contact ordering methods.
Feel free to email email@example.com if you have any questions or feedback on our implementation of COVID health restrictions.
BOTTLES & CANS RETAIL STORE
In store shopping open:
- mask required in store area,
- please maintain distancing from people in other groups by following directional floor signage - 4 groups in the store at a time, please limit the number of shoppers in your group to ensure distancing from other people.
- please sanitize hands before shopping - sanitizer located at the front door.
- try not to handle product unless purchasing, we're happy to answer questions, suggest items or sizes,
- no contact tracing or vaccine passport is required.
BEER GARDEN, TAPROOM & FOOD TRUCK
- all guests must complete screening by scanning the QR code and completing questions (showing the host the result).
- all guests must show proof of vaccine (clearly showing the date of your 2nd shot and your name) + government issued photo ID,
- Contact tracing is required for at least one member of each household (It will be destroyed after 4 weeks),
- Masks required unless seated at your table; we recommend mask use when not actively eating or drinking at your table,
- Max 6 people per table, 2m distancing is maintained from other groups.
- Winter Beer Garden - All guests looking to sit in the winter beer garden are asked to check in at the beer bike (just inside the lobby) prior to sitting. Barring extreme weather limited seats will be available all winter long. Covering or heating the winter beer garden is not yet feasible, dress appropriately!
Masks are required indoors and when at the ordering window of a food truck. Please maintain 2m social distancing in line, or when waiting for your food.
Washrooms are located in the retail area and are accessible through the front door without requiring vaccination record (mask still required). You can read our complete mask policy here.
- Vaccine passport requirements in effect for indoor seating; having your information ready will help keep check in a quick as possible.
- There are capacity restrictions throughout the retail and beer garden spaces; please follow directional signage and pay attention to health postings, enter though the host stand after checking in with a staff member,
- Masks are required when ordering from a food truck window. Indoors, masks are required at all times when not seated at your table. Please have your mask securely covering your nose, mouth and chin prior to entering the retail store, beer garden or before standing up from your table.
- Please be patient, extra care and time must be taken to check guests in, sanitize and re-set high touch areas including tables, menus, doors and washrooms.
WHAT THIS MEANS FOR KICHESIPPI STAFF
- Vaccine passport requirements are currently met by all staff (All staff have received both COVID vaccine doses and will be boosted as they qualify). Prior to the every shift staff must pass screening questions,
- Face masks must be worn by staff in all public areas,
- Increased sanitization practices must include your person (hand washing, & sanitizing) all tables in-between seating, high touch areas, service items after each use.
- A little more time in required to start bills and reseat tables and check guests in.
HOW WE ARE INCORPORATING THESE GUIDELINES
- All guests are asked to check in with staff prior to accessing any dine-in service (indoor or outdoor seating); place markers are noted in the retail store to maintain distancing between groups.
- Anyone waiting for food must wait outside of the licensed area until notified that their order is ready,
- All seating is assigned for your visit; in order to maintain strict sanitization practices please do not move tables without being advised by staff it is safe to do so,
- Furniture and traffic flow is set up to maximize capacity and social distancing; staff will get you set up in an area appropriate to the number of guests in your party.
- Hand sanitizer stations are set up at the host stand, outside of the washrooms and at the front door. Please wash your hands after using the washroom, smoking, sneezing or blowing your nose.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AS WE WORK TO MAINTAIN A SAFE AND ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE.
Other health related measures:
- We encourage everyone visiting us to download and use the Government of Canada contact tracing app.
- Please take advantage of our home delivery option if you are: immuno-compromised, awaiting or have been in contact with someone awaiting a COVID test result, visited an establishment that has closed due to potential exposure, have received an alert on your contact tracing app, have cold/flu and/or COVID-19 symptoms or are unable to meet the above house policies.
- Please continue to follow health Canada guidelines and cover coughs & sneezes in the crook of your arm and wash your hands frequently!
- We care about garbage! Please properly sort your recycling and compost at the bins on the patio. Help keep the green spaces green in Bells Corners by taking all garbage with you after enjoying them.
- Brewery tours can be booked through Brew Donkey for less than 10 people. More than 10 people can book tour(s) in conjunction with a group booking; email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For both space & safety reasons bikes or scooters are not permitted in the building or seating area of the patio; bike racks are provided.
- Retail beer is not permitted to be opened on the property or trail system, please keep open alcohol within licensed areas, and take out beer home with you.
- Our parking lot frequently fills up; additional parking is available at 2235 Robertson Road (The Leasing Company), 2194 Robertson Road (Plaza) or street parking in the neighborhood on the south side of Robertson Road. Our lot is secured approx. 1h after closing time; other parking areas may have access restrictions.