Kichesippi Beer Co. is in need of a few good people to help open and staff our new taproom in Bells Corners!
Applicants are asked to email their resume to email@example.com prior to April 29th to be considered for our first round of hiring. Please include part-time or full-time in the subject line of your email and attach a word, or pdf copy of your current resume and a brief cover letter explaining your knowledge of the craft beer scene in Ottawa; applications can be addressed to the Taproom Manager.
- part-time applicants - availability of at least 2 shifts/days regularly between Friday and Sunday (10am to 10pm)
- full-time applicants - availability 7 days per week; will be scheduled 4 to 6 shifts between 35 and 42 hours per week.
- The tap room will also host private functions that could require occasional shifts outside of regular business hours,
- Off site event shifts will also be available to work from time to time.
- Must currently hold valid Ontario smart serve certification,
- A minimum of 1 year experience working in the restaurant industry,
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs (merch, cases of beer, etc); comfortable using a dolly for moving kegs or cases of beer, and ability to be mobile/on your feet for prolonged periods of time.
- A basic knowledge of craft beer, beer styles, service of beer and a desire for further learning.
- Understanding of general restaurant service tools (POS terminals, payment systems, tray skills, draught systems, etc),
- Understanding of workplace safety and harassment laws; demonstrated ability to work safely and effectively in a team environment and follow workflow processes.
Additional desired qualifications:
- Attention to detail, effective communication in the application process and demonstrated exemplary customer service skills; we want people who LOVE craft beer and want to work on the service side of the industry.
- Safe food handling certification, first aid training, JHSC level 1 or 2 certification
- Beer specific training or certification, advanced knowledge of brewing processes.
- Conversationally multi-lingual
- Advanced restaurant/service experience (event/wedding service, hosting/coordinating events, cash management and end of day accounting, cooking/kitchen experience, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license
Why work for Kichesippi?
- We pride ourselves in being a community focused, family run business. Every employee will have direct and open communication channels to management and will be involved in their career advancement within the company.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals from any race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis to apply. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Wage starting at general minimum wage ($14/h) plus equal share in the tip pool (based on hours/sales).
- We strive to provide hourly employees with set schedules 2 weeks in advance.
- Safe and happy environment with fringe benefits relating to craft beer and events.
- Opportunities to be involved with community events, event planning at the brewery, and potential further career growth in the Craft Beer industry.
Due to the volume of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Thanks, we look forward to hearing from you!